Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Saab 900i: my 1998 saab 900i hesitates when its cold and I

my 1998 saab 900i hesitates when its cold and I step on the gas .what could cause this

I'm Josie and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and hope I can still try and help you with this here.

If you have a hesitation when the engine is cold this can be caused by a few different things.First check and make sure you have no visible vacuum leaks on the engine,If any leaks are found these leaks would need repaired to correct this fault here.If no visible leaks are located you can have a shop or dealer do a smoke test.This is where they inject smoke into the intake to see if the smoke leaks out of anywhere it should not.If a leak is found it would need repaired.

The mass air flow sensor can also cause this if it is reading incorrectly as I have had to clean and replace some of these.You can try removing it and purchasing some mass air flow sensor cleaner from a local parts store to spray off this sensor to see if this will correct this issue here.

If your engine coolant temp sensor for the computer is reading incorrectly and is telling the computer the engine is warmed up when it is actually cold this will cause this as well.

All of these would need checked into to see if one is at fault then once the fault is located it can be repaired from there.

Thanks Pete
Pete, Technician
Experience: 17 years automotive training and experience.