Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

unplugged tps on my 06 range rover sport now truck idles high

unplugged tps on my 06 range rover sport now truck idles high then shuts off

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

If you plug it back up, does it then run correct?

Why was the TPS unplugged and the vehicle started in the first place?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was going to change the intake gaskets,about to start but changed my mine..plugged it back up and the next day I went to start it,it would start idle high and shut rite off

What was the original issue for wanting or needing to replace the intake gaskets?

Is the check engine light on while running?

Can you keep it running with throttle pressure?

Did you just unplug it or did you remove the TPS?

Was the key turned on or was the vehicle started with the TPS unplugged?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

check engine light was on due to intake air leak,yes it was just unplugged & not removed.. the car will run pressing the throttle but not smooth seems to have a miss and the car was turned on while unplugged

When you turn the key on and or start a vehicle with an electrical component unplugged, especially one for controlling air or fuel the computer reverts to a strategy to compensate.

Most likely you can remove the negative battery cable for 10 minutes to erase the computer strategy and this issue will be resolved after the vehicle has been ran for about a week or normal driving.

In the event issues remain then we need to diagnose those. I do not believe these concerns in any way mean you have a TPS concern, the prior codes though still need to be addressed. If you tell me those codes I can assist.

Hello again Chris here.

It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help with the concern we worked on, and if not to say Thanks.

Also note we have about 80 categories from medical to boats to small engines to legal to whatever you can think of. If you have any other questions give us a shot with another question.

Thanks Chris