Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor

Suzuki Grand Vitara 2.0 TDI: I have changed brakeshoes back

I have changed brakeshoes back on suzuki grand vitara 1999 model. I have problems with adjusting the brakes. I do not find a opening where iI can adjust the adjust screw at the topp and bottom adjustment. How ?????

The easiest and quickest way to adjust the brake shoe to drum clearance since yours doesnt have an access hole to turn adjusting wheel with drum on, is to remove the drums, turn adjuster wheel a couple of times and slide drum on, and test. Spin drum by hand. It should spin one time and stop. If spinning too much, remove drum and adjust shoes a couple of more notches. slide drum on and retest.

Now put wheels back on, lower vehicle, crank engine and put in reverse and set parking brake 10 times in a row and you are done