Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE master, 30+ years. All makes and models. Trouble shooter, shop forman, service manager
2947720

range rover hse: range rover will not go over 5 miles per hour.

Customer Question

range rover will not go over 5 miles per hour. where do we look to stop this and get back up to speed.
Category: Car
Expert:  Jerry replied 3 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Pearl/Just answer.com, Super mechanic here. I will do my best to help you with your question. If you need any more on it just let me know.

You will want to check the fuel pressure to see if it is too low. Also that the filter is not restricting the flow of fuel.

..

Then if the fuel pressure and flow are good, the exhaust may be a little bit restricted. You can have a back pressure test done on it at most exhaust shops to see if the cat is clogged.

.

.

If they are both ok, then you will want to take a sample of the fuel to be sure that it’s not contaminated.

.

.

If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation.

.

If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.

.

Thanks

.

Expert:  Jerry replied 3 years ago.
Hello Gary, Super mechanic here. I was just wondering how your vehicle is and wanted to see if you may need any more on it.
Expert:  Jerry replied 3 years ago.
Hello , Super mechanic here. I was just wondering how your vehicle is and wanted to see if you may need any more on it.