Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Replaced the engine for the second time and now it wont stay

Customer Question

Replaced the engine for the second time and now it won't stay running. Each time I try to start it, it goes right back off? Put a new fuel pump on and computer can't find any problems.
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for asking your question today. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What year is your Car?
-What make and model is your Car?
-How many miles are on your Car?
-What type of engine is in your Car?
-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

1999

Subaru Forrester

112,000
Not Sure

After replacing the engine with a used motor, test drove it for 15 miles and did fine. Then took back out for 5 miles, brought it back in and it quit running. Then every time we tried to start it, it would run for a few seconds then cut off.

Put it on the computer to check any problems and couldn't find any. Then we replaced the fuel pump but problem still there. Mechanic can't find any reason or problem with anything else that would cause this problem.

Stumped at this point and would appreciate any or all suggestions. Thanks.

Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
Cool, I am not an expert with Subaru's I'll opt out.. Someone will be with you shortly...

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

YOU ALREADY TOOK OUT THE MONEY $30 AND ANOTHER AND THEN BACK OFF THE ANSWER. THAT IS NOT RIGHT

Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
The way that JustAnswer works is you place a DEPOSIT on the question that stays in your JustAnswer account until you "Rate" an answer. Once you rate an answer, that amount in you account gets "used up". So at this time since I haven't actually posted an answer and you haven't left a "Positive" rating your funds are STILL safe in your JustAnswer account until you are ready to spend it...

Hang tight and when a Subaru Expert comes online, he will reply to your question and possibly ask you for more info. Once he gives you an "Answer" you can Rate his answer to complete the transaction....

Register Here

Thank you,

Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
NEVER GOT AN ANSWER, JUST KEEP WAITIN FOR AN EXPERT TO GET WITH ME.
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I’m Josie a moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from an other one of our professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Josie~Moderator