Gary
Gary, Technician
Experience:  GM master tech for 15 years/ASE master tech for 20 years
19513769

02 chev truck 2500 hd 4x4 8.1 liter rear spark plug driver

Customer Question

02 chev truck 2500 hd 4x4 8.1 liter rear spark plug driver side seems to foul up changed plug a couple times. code p0300 shows up. customer had a controller installed but says it is instock mode but it is still plugged in to obd2 connecter. what should i do about that rear plug fouling? they tow a huge camper.
Category: Car
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to Justanswer ! my name is Gary and i will do my best to assist you with this problem
all 4 of the drivers side spark plugs will foul out then you change the plugs and how long will it be before it acts up and fouls out again ?
once a new plugs are put in its fine for a little while?
whats the plugs fouled with ? fuel or oil ?
what color are they v/s the passenger plugs ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it seems to be just the one in back driver side and it looks like it blew the gap a part . i will check rest of plugs and let you know

Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.
the whole end of it electrode and all melted out ? any signs of oil ? excessive fuel ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no signs of oil or excessive fuel seems to have noise in lower part of motor during start up in morning. could customer have left plugs in to long and burnt out valve? going to check compression tomorrow let you know he said it was good but something not right tried coil and wires still running rough

Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.
yes let me know what the compression is on that bank
and is it just # 7 or the whole bank buring up the spark plug ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

customer told compression was good but it was down in cylinder so had to change motor thanks for help

Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.
anytime