Experience:  Manager/co-owner at Autotronic

Saab 9-3 2.0T: 2004 convertible. i have seven speakers in my

2004 convertible. i have seven speakers in my car. What are the sizes of them. i would like to replace them. Also amp(s). do i have one or more and size of amp.

Hello and welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with this.

My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.

I can show you the locations for the amps (two), and the overall layout of the system. If you want the diagram, it is also possible to provide it. However, i do not have the sizes, but these should be shown when the parts are removed. Do you wish to get this info, if not, i will opt out, and hopefully other experts have a more comprehensive answer.

Regards, Billy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i was really looking for the speaker sizes. But a diagram would be helpful

Here is the layout:

You have an amplifier integrated with the radio unit, and an additional one under the rear seat.

And the diagram:
click here for details

And the good news, is i managed to get the speaker sizes and specs, and the amps specs:
click here for the details

Thank you for your trust! Get back to me if you need more assistance...Thank you in advance for the positive rating...

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what is the rating on the 2 amps and since i have a conv. i have 2 speakers i the back seat. on the sides. what size might that be

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

did u get my new question about the sputtering when turbo is near redline?

The amp should be 2x80 watts. And the speakers in the back seat sides, are the same as the one on dash center 4 inch, 4 ohm.

I did not receive any turbo sputtering questions.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

2004 9-3 arc 2.0t

around 3000 rpms car starts to sputter.

changed plugs, air filter cleaned out exhaust, oil change and my son put seafoam in the gas tank..

Could it be the turbo or coils?

It could be the turbo, the coils, the injectors, the pcv (oil vapor) etc....

- at 3000 rpm the engine sputters, does it keep sputtering as the rpm increases?
- does it happen when cold or hot, all the time?
- do you have any other problems or symptoms (cold start issues etc..)?
- do you have warning lights on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no. below and above 3000 it does not sputter. just started a few weeks ago.

i notice it more when i hit the gas hard. No warning lights. no other symptoms. when it happens i usually down shift to get above 3000. My son changed out and cleaned everything except the coils and the turbo. I hadn't been driving it alot as i also had an 06 SAAB 9-7X that i totalled last week.

Can the injectors be cleaned? can the turbo be cleaned?

Should i try get one coil and move it thru the 4 cylinders to see if that is the problem.

The injectors can be cleaned. The easiest way would be getting a bottle of fuel injector cleaner, and put within the tank. Further cleaning would require getting the vehicle to a workshop, so they connect the injectors to a cleaning machine and they clean thoroughly, and check the spray pattern.
The turbo cannot be cleaned.
I would not suspect a coil at this stage, as those usually set a fault code, and the engine light would illuminate.

I would first check the engine oil (as dirty oil could do problems with the variable valve timing and cause this), and then i would check the intake air hoses, and the turbo hoses, check these common faults causing similar symptoms:
click here for details

Additionally i would check the EVAP hoses (fuel tank evaporation hoses, tank and valve).

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i do not think it is the oil. my son also changed that and put in royal purple.But the sputtering was happening before that.

Now that u mentionit the engine light did goon yesterday .i thought it was the gas cap not on properly. and that about thetime it started getting worse

I would first check the air hoses, as mentioned, and if the problem persists, you need to get the vehicle connected to a scan tool, to retrieve the fault codes, so we proceed accordingly. But the afore mentioned steps are most likely, and need checking first.