nabilc
nabilc,
Experience:  Manager/co-owner at Autotronic
30385560

Isuzu I-280: I have a 2006 Isuzu i280 pickup. Lately the steering

I have a 2006 Isuzu i280 pickup. Lately the steering wheel has began locking up everytime I turn the ignition key off. I can jiggle the steering wheel until the ignition frees up but lately this happens every time. Is this a problem that I can fix or would it be best to take it in to a dealer?

Billy :

Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.

Billy :

To check or replace the steering lock, the ignition switch needs removing.

Billy :

After refitting the ignition switch, the theft deterrent system requires reprogramming, or the engine will no longer start.

Billy :

So i'm afraid that this needs to be tackled by a garage having a TechII scan tool (any Isuzu or GM specialist, not necessarily dealer).

Billy :

Thank you for your trust! Get back to me if you need more assistance...Thank you in advance for the positive rating...
http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-billy/

Billy :

Regards,

Billy :

Billy