Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Auto Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs. experience diagnostics & repair of all makes/models.

Hello is an engine oil flush a good thing I just bought an

Hello is an engine oil flush a good thing I just bought an SUV with 135 000 miles thanks
Hello! Welcome to the site! Thanks for coming! I'm Ron Z. I'm here to provide as much info and insight as I can, to best answer your question.

Can you give me the make and model of this vehicle?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Ron yes Mazda Tribute V6

Great! Thanks!

Oh, hey Seb! Didn't catch the name and notice it was you on the first message! Hope all is well!

Ok, on this vehicle, a "flush" of the engine oil is really not necesary. Basically, this is "over kill". Just plain old, regular oil changes are plenty for this vehicle. You really don't want to add any chemicals or additives to the engine oil, like those contained in the flushing process. These chemicals can hurt the internals parts, especially crank bearings. And if any of the flushing chemicals are not completely removed (which usually they never are) this can contaminate and thin out the oil, making it less effective at it's job. So, botXXXXX XXXXXne- No need to do a flush. Stick with the regular oil change intervals, which is at a recommended interval of every 7,500 miles, and you'll be perfectly fine!