Jack, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  I have been an automotive technician for over 15 years and have worked on most makes and models.

Pontiac chieftain: My Question Is I Have A 1951 Pontiac Chieftain

My Question Is I Have A 1951 Pontiac Chieftain And I was Wonderong Would The Wheels Of A 1949-1951 Chevy Fit On The Pontiac Since They Are Both Made By General Moters And if not what car wheels would fit? Thank You

I thank you for a great question, I know that the Pontiac has 5 hole x 5" pattern, as for the chevys they had from 1949 -1970 5 hole 4 3/4" pattern. It is possible that the Pontiac could have been changed if you measure from 1 stud to 1 stud skipping one in between and measure from center to center of the studs, this will give you your pattern size, if they are both stock they will not fit.

please let me know if you have any other questions.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Mr. Putt Putt, Thank You For Answering My Qiestion That I Have Been Trying To Find Out For The Last Few Weeks

so to summarize the wheels are different and will not work if they are both original. thanks for allowing me to assist you.

Please remember to rate me on my efforts as that is how I am compensated for my time.
James, did you find my answer helpful? if not please let me know so I can see how I can further help you.