Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic,foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.

renult clio: Hello I took my wifes 2008 1.2 Clio to kwik

Hello

I took my wife's 2008 1.2 Clio to kwik fit for its MOT and it failed because the abs light is on, the spanner light and stop light is also on.

They go a guy from mastertec to look at it at a cost of £35, he came back with two fault codes

DIAG3 & C10CC SUPPLY VOLTAGE TOO HIGH/LOW

First they said it will need a new alternator at a cost of £360 when I questioned it they came back that they had done some more test's free of charge and how they think it is a ECU problem and they want me to leave the car with them for a couple of hours (£50 per hr) to do more tests

I really need help as I am really not sure what is going on.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 11 months ago.
Hi,my name is XXXXX XXXXX X will assist you with your question. Other than the lights coming on does the vehicle operate as normal?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Hi Mike yes the car is running fine no other problems I know of

Ok the issue that you are describing is a internal fault to the abs module. When the module has a internal electrical fault this is what trips all of these lights and the codes. To correct this issue the module has to be replaced as it is not repairable.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok so is it as simple as replacing the abs modul or will it need to be re programmed to the ecu
Yes the system will need to be programmed after the replacement which will require a dealer scan tool or equivalent.
Mike Kelly, Auto Mechanic
Experience: 17 years experience as a auto mechanic,foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.