Pete, Mechanic
Experience:  15 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Ford focus: focus: Hi my name peter I have ford focus kombi

focus: Hi my name peter I have ford focus kombi 1.6tdci 2008 i Hi my name peter I have ford focus kombi 1.6tdci 2008 i have problem with + cabel in battery getting hot when start car if start turn on airco More more hot almost burn my finger i checking carge low rev ang hig rev 14.75v max cabel clean no dirth or...
ASKED ON 7/2
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay.

With the cable getting hot like this this can usually indicate that one of the components this cable connects to is shorted and is shorting battery voltage to ground and is causing this here or there is high resistance in this cable or damage to the cable causing the cable to heat up.

The first thing I would do here is to trace this cable completely to see if it is found damaged or corroded at all.If the cable is found damaged or corroded it would need replaced to correct this.If the cable is found o.k. I would see where it runs to and carefully disconnect the components it runs to one at a time making sure you don't arc or short the end to ground and see if the cable continues to get hot.If you disconnect one component that allows the cable to stay cool I suspect this may be the component that may be shorting internally and is causing this here.

Thanks Pete
Pete, Mechanic
Experience: 15 years automotive training and experience.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete