Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Ford Focus Titanium: 2010 Focus 1.6 Auto lack of power from

2010 Focus 1.6 Auto lack of power from cold not a lot better when warm scanner said intake air leak found slight leak on servo pipe changed and cleared fault code but still has same problem but no em light yet any clues ?
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay.

The first thing I would do here since you did have a fault code for an air leak is re check the engine to make sure no other vacuum leaks are found and that all hoses and the air inlet to the engine is connected properly.

If you find a fault with another air leak or a hose incorrectly installed or damaged this would need repaired to correct this issue here.

If no other leaks are found and with a lack of power I would have the exhaust checked to make sure it isn't restricted,this can cause false codes like an air leak code to set in some cases as well as a lack of power.If there is a damaged or restricted exhaust component it would need replaced to correct this here.

Make sure your fuel filter is clean,if it hasn't been replaced within the last year this should be done to see if it corrects this fault.

These can be some of the common components that can cause this issue here that need checked into to locate the fault.

Thanks Pete

is my profile if you need anything in the future on your vehicle here,you can save it to your favorites and come back if you have any future questions on your vehicle (besides this question here)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Exhaust is very sooty at the rear,removed 1st oxygen sensor to make sure if cat was blocked it would do away with that problem,but even with that out it still had the same problem also tried swapping cam sensor but this also had no effect

Has your fuel filter been replaced recently at all to try and resolve this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it is a customer vehicle and he says it hasnt been changed since he has had it ,it has 27000mls on the clock,I will change this now and take it from there,cheers

O.k.,this is where I would start is with replacing this filter and see if it runs properly then.Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help above when you are ready.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the fuel filter in the 2010 Focus is a permanent fixture inside the tank so it is not quite as simple as an in line filter and would obviously be an expensive and time consuming part to change

O.k.,usually when a filter is installed like this the filter is usually only needed to be replaced when the fuel pump fails but some vehicles do call for it to be replaced in regular intervals as well so you might want to check to see if this is the case here on this filter.Unfortunately my info doesn't list if this has a service interval for this here.

I would also continue to check for any more vacuum leaks on the engine especially since you did have a fault code for it.In some cases if no visual leaks are located a smoke machine is needed to inject smoke into the intake to locate any hard to find leaks.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete