Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Range rover Sport: 06 RR Sport. Loud bang under vehicle during

Customer Question

06 RR Sport. Loud bang under vehicle during harder acceleration. In lower gears. Will repeat 2or 3 times if I keep my foot in it.
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.

Have you had fault codes checked in all computers at all with a scan tool that can communicate with all of these computers?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No fault codes. If I had a fault code I would have looked up the code. I guess I was hoping for a Range Rover tech that would recognize the symptoms and steer me in the right direction. I am concerned that since it only occurs intermittently and lasts for a split second getting a reading may not be possible if it is something other than a software issue. And I honestly fear that will be the case. It could be the transfer case actuator but it seems to come from further back.
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
I apologize as I am not a Range Rover technician myself other then some experience working on some of these.I don't know of any common issue for this concern here.I replied to see if you still needed help and if you want we can continue to work with this here or I can opt out if you like to see if someone else can assist more possibly a range rover technician just let me know.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I feel a r r tech may have experienced this before. I appreciate your honesty. How do I go about searching for someone with that experience.
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
I will opt out and put this question back on the list,other experts that see this question will see that you are looking for a range rover tech and hopefully one will respond that has more experience with this model and possibly that has seen this issue here.Don't reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep the question locked to me.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.

Thanks Pete
Expert:  Walt-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will wait another 24 hours.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Please cancel the question.