Joe
Joe, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine inboards and electronics, automotive drivability, all around repair tech,

Chrysler Grand Voyager SE auto: Vehicle: 2006 Chrysler grand

Vehicle: 2006 Chrysler grand voyager 2.8SE crd auto.
Problem: the heater radiator is blocked. how do i remove the heater radiator?
Category: Car
Expert:  Joe replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for using
justanswer.com, my name is XXXXX XXXXX X will be happy to assist you with your
concern today.

One thing I always wish to try and do is let you know if
something comes up and I am not able to reply back right away but this is
sometimes something I cannot avoid. I will always try to reply back to you
right away however please understand that I may be busy answering another
customer back and thus it may sometimes take time to reply back to you. As soon
as I return I will be sure to reply back to you as soon as I am able to.

Are you referring to the radiator which is under the hood front of the engine or are you talking about the heater core inside the vehicle that provides heat inside the vehicle?

Thanks,

Joe

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Yes it is the Heater Core which is part of the airconditioning system (under the dash?). I had a bad leak on the engine radiator and as an emmergency fix to get home, i added som "INDIAN HEAD" radiator stop-leak.

The problem of the heater core appeared a month after the radiator was replaced witha new one. good idea to warn other car owners of this draw-back.

Expert:  Joe replied 8 months ago.

Karl,

It can happen, I never have and never will use those types of products due to the fact that they can clog systems.

The heater core is under the dash on the drivers side.... this is for an usa model.

If it has adjustable pedals they must be removed if not then you can simply remove the brake light switch and booster rod and then access the heater coore once disconnected you maneuver it through the pedals and it will come out.

Sounds more simple then it actually is. The job it time consuming and I summed it up rather then typing out the entire procedure as well so it doesn't seem to time consuming but it is.

I do not like to copy and paste from my repair software as it is against their policy.

If
you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.

Thanks,

Joe

Bonuses
are appreciated. If you feel you need to leave a 1-2 happy face please instead
reply back to me via the reply to expert button. The first two rating faces are
negative feedback the next three after the first two are positive and only for
those 3 do I get a pos rating. If for any reason you are not satisfied please
reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The
deposit you placed when you opened the question is only a deposit you can then click
accept or one of the smile faces, but again only if you are satisfied and only
when you are ready to do so. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert
not the site or the product. If you have
any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.

Thanks
again for using justanswer / pearl.com and have a great day!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Hi E-R,

my vehicle is a Right hand drive. the aircon filter is on the LHS foot well ( your drivers side. Does this sound familiar? the water enters the cabin through two pipes in the engine bay behind the air duct which runs from the air - filter to the turbo (this would be Left off centre if you are facing the car from the front.). it is quite high up in the engine bay. If i look just over the tappet cover (engine cover removed), i can see the pipes.

are we talking about the same vehicle?

Expert:  Joe replied 8 months ago.

Karl,

We are talking about the same vehicle it is just yours is right hand drive and the engine may be different... Not a huge deal for me though.

There should be two heater hoses, not ac lines but the heater hoses, do these heater hoses run into the firewall on the same side as the steering wheel or do they run through the firewall on the side without the steering wheel?

Thanks,

Joe

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Hi E-R

They run on the same side as the steering wheel. they are rubber hoses hose-clamped to 2 alluminum pipes..

Expert:  Joe replied 8 months ago.

Karl,

Ok, that is the same thing then its just reversed on this vehicle so instead of everything being on the left hand side it is all on the right hand side.... The removal is still the same pretty much.

I wish I had a diagram or step by step instructions I could give you but I am in the usa. This vehicle is the exact same except they use a different engine in some cases and make it right hand drive instead of left.

Thanks,

Joe

Joe, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE, electronics, Marine inboards and electronics, automotive drivability, all around repair tech,