AMD
AMD, Master Technician
Experience:  L1 Advanced Level Diagnostics Specialist
65953032

My rear tires hava wear on the inside more than usual and it

My rear tires hava wear on the inside more than usual and it creats a noise.
What couse this and how can it be resolve?

AMD :

Hello and thank you for trusting us with your Car question, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

AMD :

Are you available to discuss your question at this time?

AMD :

May I know the make and model of your vehicle?

Customer:

I am able to discuss it now.

Customer:

The car is a Mazda 3, 4 doors manual transmission.

Customer:

no special add ons.

AMD :

Hello! How are you doing today?

AMD :

Sorry for the delay.

AMD :

Now how often are the tires rotated on your Mazda? Which year is your mazda and how many miles does it have?

Customer:

doing well, I have not rotated my tires, I have 38,000 miles

AMD :

What year is your Mazda?

Customer:

my car is a 2011 mazda 3

AMD :

OK I See. Are the tires bridgestone brand? Or do you know the brand on the tires by any chance?

Customer:

I do not knoe the brand name, they were the tires provided by the Mazda dealer. This was not an use car I am the first owner

AMD :

OK I See. Here's what I think the issue is here.

Customer:

ok

AMD :

I have never seen original tires that are provided when you buy a new car that last more than 30,35,000 miles in good shape. They are always developing abnormal wear and becoming noisy.

AMD :

Unfortunately care manufacturer's these days try to save as much money as possible when they sell you a car. So they ended putting basically the cheapest tires and the least lasting tires they can find

AMD :

They provide no warranty on the tires you buy from them so a lot of folks complain that their original tires don't last long and towards the end of their life become noisy and develop abnormal wear patterns.

Customer:

do yo recomend changin the tires (the back tires only or all 4 tires)

AMD :

What also contributes to the abnormal tire wear and noise is the lack of tire rotations. The tires should be rotated every 5000 miles for the longest life of the tires.

AMD :

If I were you I would replace all 4 tires. You have a very nice car that you'd want the best for. Buy 4 new tires, buy a good brand of tires like Michelin tires and have the vehicle alignment checked and adjusted if needed and you will notice a significant improvement in the ride quality and noise level

AMD :

Also after replacing the tires rotate them every 5000 miles. Most tire places will perform free tire rotations for the life of the tires that you buy from them.

Customer:

Thanks

AMD :

You're welcome! Did you have any other questions for me today?

Customer:

no, thanks again

AMD :

You're welcome! I'm glad I could help. A positive rating for my input would be greatly appreciated.

AMD :

Thank you for choosing justanswer.com