Gene
Gene, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  ASE Master 25 years experience, Ford Trans Tech/SMT, Toyota, Mitsubishi,Hyundai Tech.
285738

Lincoln Navigator Ultimate: I have a 2006 Lincoln Navigator

I have a 2006 Lincoln Navigator and I wanted to know if I could turn OFF the compressor from the on/off switch in the back storage area. I really like how the Navigator sits when it goes down to the "Kneel" position but I wanted to know how turning OFF the compressor would affect my ride and safety of the vehicle..

Thanks
Yes you can, it just disables the system since you are turning the system off. As long as you dont have any leaks in the air suspension system it should stay at trim height when turned off. If for some reason the system decides to drop or leak down you can simply turn the system back on until it reaches its normal trim height and shut it back off. As long as the system holds air it will ride normally, it just wont increase the ride height if you add weight inside the vehicle.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the response.

So there would be no safety concerns? and if I had 6 passengers, would you recommend I turn the compressor ON so the vehicle doesn't sag from the back?

No real safety concerns as long as there are no underlying issues with the air suspension system. Yes I would recommend the system being on with the vehicle loaded to allow it to adjust for the additional weight. Thank you for accepting my answer and the excellent service rating