Dad Mechanic
Dad Mechanic, Mechanic
Experience:  I have worked on everyting from Model Ts to 2012 Autos,

I bought a 2013 Elantra GLS few months ago. the avg mpg will

I bought a 2013 Elantra GLS few months ago. the avg mpg will read from 36-38 mpg, when I fill my tank I am getting 32-33 mpg. Dealer says he has no answer. My question is should I be getting close to my avg mpg readout instead of 4-5 mpg less? Is this typical for the 2013 Elantra? So far my mpg ranges between 32 and 33 mpg each fillup, with city or interstate travel but my avg mpg always reads between 36 and 38.

Dad Mechanic :

Sorry for your problem. I am here to try and assist you.

Dad Mechanic :

Those figure are under optium conditions and not for avrage everday driving, most people will never get the published figures. Jim!!! Thanks for coming to Just Answers.

I hope I have helped to resolve your problem. I am checking to see if I can assist with any thing else today, or clarify my answer to you.
Thanks for using Just Answers.
Dads Mechanic.