Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Isuzu Trooper LS: my 96 izuzu wont take off unless i push the

my 96 izuzu wont take off unless i push the winter drive button what is causing it some mornings i get up it leave for work it works fine but if i stop i have to push button or it wont go please help and thanks
Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to try and assist you with this.I may need more info in some cases to help with answering your question.

Is or has the check engine light or any other lights come on on the dash with this issue or have fault codes been checked at all for this issue?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

check trans light comes on no codes checked

O.k.,with this light coming on like this here the first thing that needs done is to have the fault codes read out with a scan tool that will plug into your vehicle and communicate with your vehicles computers.Once this has been done then it can be diagnosed as to what component is at fault causing this and repaired from there.Most likely this is an electrical solenoid or component in the transmission causing this here as I have seen in the past but the fault codes do need checked first as this will aid with the diagnosis and location of this fault.

A local parts store might check these free of charge as I have seen before.If you can get the codes read out and post them here I can look up the info further to see if we can locate this fault.If not a shop or dealer would need to check the codes and diagnose the fault here.But this does sound like an electrical solenoid at fault causing this needing replaced.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete