Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Auto Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs. experience diagnostics & repair of all makes/models.

I am getting a code P0031 on a 2002 Suzuki XL-7 with a 2.7L

Customer Question

I am getting a code P0031 on a 2002 Suzuki XL-7 with a 2.7L engine.Where is bank 1 sensor 1 oxygen sensor located?
I am getting conflicting reports on its location. Is it located on passenger side or driver's side and is it located on passenger side near the firewall?
What is the firing order on this vehicle and cylinder orientation?
Thank you for your assistance.
Category: Car
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 11 months ago.
Hello! Welcome to the site! Thanks for coming! I'm Ron Z. I'm here to provide as much info and insight as I can, to best answer your question.

The Oxygen Sensor for Bank1 Sensor1 is mounted to the exhaust manifold on the driver's side.
graphic

Here is the firing order and cylinder ID:
graphic

If you have no further questions at this time, Please remember to RATE YOUR Q&A EXPERIENCE TODAY! Your input is very important to us! Please make sure to leave a RATING! Thank-You!

If you need more help, please use the "Reply" tab to continue our conversation - I'm always happy to answer follow-up questions! Follow-ups are always FREE! Even after you RATE!

Ron Z., - Auto Tech -
Experience: 18+yrs. experience diagnostics & repair of all makes/models.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your help Ron.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 11 months ago.
You're welcome! Glad I could be of some help today! Have a great day!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Hi Ron,
I have a question related to the brake symbol (brake shoes) on the dash in this vehicle. It stays 'on'. Sometimes if i play with the parking brake lever it would disappear or if i shut off the ignition and restart it would disappear.Do you think this is a parking brake switch problem or a brake fluid level sensor problem. I have topped up the master cylinder already.If you want i can direct this as a new question addressed to you.Thanks.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 11 months ago.
Yeah, unfortunately, it's not related to the original question, so it'll need a new thread. I'll give you the test procedure for the brake fluid level sensor to eliminate that as a possibility.