SARMIENTO22556
SARMIENTO22556, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, ADVANCED ENGINE PERFORMANCE,OVER 20 YRS. ON ALL MAKES OF VEHICLES
8532170

Isuzu Trooper LS: 2001 Isuzu Trooper 4x4 trying to remove

2001 Isuzu Trooper 4x4
trying to remove rear axle. Shop manual does not show clip on end of axle
but it will not pull out of axle housing. Am I missing something?

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com,

there are four bolts and nuts holding the bearing holder did you get them all? it should come out but it might be slightly seized. you could try tapping it with a hammer, or using a slide hammer tool with a hub adapter on it. You can rent one at your local auto parts store.

please do not rate my answer until we are completely done, you are done asking questions and you can feel comfortable leaving a good or better rating.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Tried tapping with regular hammer while rotating axle, it will move out about 1/4 inch but that's all
?? what is moving about a 1/4 of an inch?

oh i understand sorry i got confused with another question.

Well there are no other clips holding the axle on. If you have all the bolts out then you will need to try a slide hammer tool to see if the axle will come out

Hello Chuck,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you have any more questions please feel free to ask.

Sincerely,
Juan S.
Dear Chuck,

I was checking in to make sure you didn't have any more questions concerning your Isuzu?

Please do hesitate to ask more questions.

Thanks for using justanswer.com

Juan S.