Trev
Trev, Technician
Experience:  NVQ 3, Modern Apprenticeship, MOT Tester, 15+ years experience diagnostic technician
15853224

MGB LE: MGB with Moss supercharger decelerates roughly.

MGB with Moss supercharger decelerates roughly.
Hello

can you tell me how the fuelling is controlled? Is there a carb ( SU? ) in front of the supercharger or after it in terms of the airflow path

or is it an fuel injection system?

if its fuel injection can you tell me what system it is please and how it senses load?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
You obviously know nothing about a supercharged engine and certainly nothing about the Moss system on an MG.
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find another professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I can wait for a few days....thanks.
Hello

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Josie~Moderator
Hi

Welcome to just answer

The moss charger on your car should have an eaton mp45 charger unit, with a bypass valve, this is where the problem most likely lies, it is either sticking Or badly adjusted.

You need to ensure that the bypass valve is fully closed when the throttle is at idle, this is where the problem lies, if its even slightly open, the bypass valve allows supercharger pressure into the intake system, which will give you the surging as the engine tries to slow down,it also causes a weak running state, and can burn out valves and piston tops.

I hope this is what you are looking for, if you need more help, please let me know.

Regards

Trev
Trev, Technician
Experience: NVQ 3, Modern Apprenticeship, MOT Tester, 15+ years experience diagnostic technician
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am sorry I have not had time to check the unit as you advised. As soon as I do I will respond promptly. Thanks