SARMIENTO22556
SARMIENTO22556, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, ADVANCED ENGINE PERFORMANCE,OVER 20 YRS. ON ALL MAKES OF VEHICLES
8532170

TL: I have a 99 acura TL and my front passenger window want

Customer Question

I have a 99 acura TL and my front passenger window want work. The window switch continues to hum until the car is turned off. What do you think is my problem. I tried to loacate the window relay but could not find it can you help me please.
Category: Car
Expert:  SARMIENTO22556 replied 1 year ago.

HONDASERVICE7791 :

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com, has anything been spilled on the switch that you know of? does it also hum when the switch on the master switch on the driver's door is used?

Customer:

it hums all the time.

Customer:

I forgot to say nothing has been spilled on the switch.

HONDASERVICE7791 :

and you are sure that the hum is coming from the switch and not inside of the door? the switches usually don't make noise

Customer:

Yes I even removed the switch and plugged it back up and put it to mu ear and it is coming from the switch.

HONDASERVICE7791 :

usually noise inside the door and the window not working is a sign that the regulator has gone bad and the sound you hear is the window motor cycling. you have to remove the door panel and verifiy that there is nothing wrong with the bottom of the window where the regulator connects to. once and a while there is a problem there requiring replacement of the window itself

HONDASERVICE7791 :

the window switch on the passenger door i believe is interchangeable with one of the rear door switches.

HONDASERVICE7791 :

where do you hear the hum when you are using the driver's side master switch?

Customer:

From the passenger seat at first I thought it was the speaker. By the way I have already removed the door panel that is how I found out where the sound was coming from. I could even feel thee vibration from the switch while I had it in my hand.

HONDASERVICE7791 :

wow in all my years of experience i don't think i have ever had this happen

HONDASERVICE7791 :

have you tried another switch? the rear passenger switches should at least hook up to the harness

Customer:

No I have not tried another switch

that would be the first step, see if one of the rear switches will connect and let me know. thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have try another switch still the same thing. I have isolated the window motor and it works fine. What else could be the problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
have not been able to help with the problem. I have a 99 acura TL and passenger window won't work have tried a different switch. Switch have a humming noise all the time when there is power on it but stop once the power is removed. I have Isolated the motor and it works fine. I thought about the motor relay but have no idea where it is located. Can you help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
I am trying to solve my 99 Acura window problem. The window switch just hum all the time and my window don't work and I have tried a different switch and it does the same thing. I have isolated the motor and it works fine. I thought about the motor relay but don't no where it is located can some help me with this

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Well it look like I will have to take this problem to the dealer, but perhaps you can help me find the radio code for this car. This is the radio serial # XXXXX

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello

Thank you for your reply. We will continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Josie~Moderator
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What information do you need>

your radio code is 62332
SARMIENTO22556, Auto Service Technician
Experience: ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, ADVANCED ENGINE PERFORMANCE,OVER 20 YRS. ON ALL MAKES OF VEHICLES
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Very good service on the radio code it works fine. Thanks a lot. I will grade you now.

thanks very much. sometimes electrical problems are better solved in person with the car in front of us. sorry we weren't able to get it figured it out. The dealer should have no problem getting it figured out.

let me know if you have any other questions.

thanks again