SARMIENTO22556
SARMIENTO22556, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, ADVANCED ENGINE PERFORMANCE,OVER 20 YRS. ON ALL MAKES OF VEHICLES
8532170

Isuzu Trooper: What is the easiest way to replace the brake

What is the easiest way to replace the brake backing plates on my 2001 Isuzu Trooper Manual transmission? I have removed the rear axle shafts but I am not sure how to get the bearing etc off to get to change the backing plate

SARMIENTO22556 :

I will see if I can find sone clea

SARMIENTO22556 :

I will see if I can find some clear instructions to help you better.

There isn't a whole lot of information out there any more on these trucks.

here is a picture of the rear axle components.

It would appear that the backing plate is just bolted to the rear axle housing. you will have to remove the parking brake cable from the back plate.

let me know if you have any more questions. please do not rate my service until we are completely done and your are satisfied. thanks

graphic

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Unfortunately this does not work. The back plate is sandwiched between the bearing holder and the hub that goes into the brake disk. It appears that the bearing holder has to be removed but this is difficult. Anyway thank you for your assistance.