sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Saturn SL Series: I have problem my car not start just cra

I have problem my car not start just crank

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I assume since you didn't mention it that you aren't seeing any security lights on.

Try and determine if the fuel pump is running when the key is first turned on. If the fuel pump isn't running either then the problem is likely ECM related, either the module itself or a loss of power or ground to it.

Either way the first thing I would recommend is checking fuses if you haven't already. If fuses are ok then the next step would be to use a scan tool or code reader to check for fault codes. If it's a lack of spark alone then usually a code will be set that will aid in diagnosis.

Possible causes for lack of spark alone would be wiring, cam or crankshaft position sensor, the ECM, ignition module, or coils. Both coils aren't going to fail at exactly the same time, so if you have no spark on all four cylinders then it's not likely to be a coil issue.

If you find you are also missing fuel pressure and the ECM won't communicate then it's powers and grounds will need to be tested, if all is ok then the ECM will need to be replaced.