Steve, ASE Certified Tech
Experience:  25 years working as a service technician

GMC W4500: isuzu

It could be just a head gasket this is the most common concern for your problem. You will need to remove the head and inspect the head gasket for any tears or concerns. if the head gasket is ok then send the head out to a machine shop to check the head for a concern.

If you have more questions and or need more information, please let me know. If you do not have any other questions then rate the chat by clickingthe excellent service happy face, and clicking the green submit button when it pops up. Thanks for using Just answer.

Hi Etan,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I thoght like you, But it turned out to be the oil cooler on the side of the engine

I am glad you figured it out.
Have a great day