caughlins
caughlins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Advanced engine diagnosis master technician. Factory Trained on Bentley, Lamborghini, Lotus and Jaguar
68142990

Bentley 4 door Moorelands: The driver side electric seat on

Customer Question

The driver side electric seat on my 1994 Benlty Moorelands won't go forward and back and the back lumber tilts forward but not back using the console swithces. The swithces on the side of the drivers and passanger seat don't work at all.
HELP what is wrong and how do I go about repairing the problem?
Category: Car
Expert:  caughlins replied 3 years ago.

caughlins :

I am going to assume that this is a Bentley Brooklands, if the passenger seat works correctly from the center console switches you can lift the center console and switch the connectors from the driver's side to the passenger's side. This will let you check if it is the switch that has failed. The other possibilities are the motor and the module. The module is much more common of a failure. Does the seat move with the memory function? The switches on the side of the seat are for the lumbar bags inside the seat and depending on your personal build may be difficult to feel. Let me know if you need help with lifting the center console. Colin