Gary, Technician
Experience:  GM master tech for 15 years/ASE master tech for 20 years

Got a bolt broke in head from exchaust to head. Do I haveta

Got a bolt broke in head from exchaust to head. Do I have'ta take head off vehicle to make this repair?

Welcome to Justanswer ! my name is XXXXX XXXXX i will do my best to assist you with this problem

-What year is your Car?
-What make and model is your Car?
-How many miles are on your Car?
-What type of engine is in your Car?
-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
2007 ford f150 truck 91,000 miles 5.4 litre, Tried taking exchaust manifold off of head to replace gasket got all but one bolt out! It broke off near head! Is there anyway to get bolt out with head still on motor or do I gotta pull head off of motor?

are you able to get the manifold off now ? is there any bit of it sticking out or is it broken off flush ?

which manifold and which bolt towards the rear? Front ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Broken off flush! Didn't take manifold all the way out yet, kinda pulled it back out of way! Front bolt on passenger side is the broke one!

ok once the manifold is off you can check the depth of that hole using the other exhaust hole threaded bolt holes in the head so you do not drill too deep and pick up a set of new exhaust bolts and center punch the broken bolt and then drill it out and tap in new threads with a tap and die

if you can not get a drill in there good use a 90degree drill