Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIANCE, AUTO AND TRUCK,FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DIESEL

Suzuki Grand Vitara: Hi, need help on a 2003 model Suzuki Grand

Hi, need help on a 2003 model Suzuki Grand Vitara with a 2.5 L engine all-wheel-drive. The right rear wheel Grease seal is leaking . Need to know after loosening backing plate , if the axle is retained with snap ring or just stuck as it does not want to come out?
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX you have the bolts out of the wheel bearing hub on the backing plate, then the next step is to use a slide hammer attached to the studs on the axle to remove it, they are tight a require this puller,Tim

graphic

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok thanks ! I will get back to you if I need anything more . Then finish / rate .

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
No problem,Tim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tim it's Richard, I need to know if you have an exploded view of the axle shaft , seal and bearing assemblies. As someone else supposedly changed the wheel bearing on this thing and the seal is in the axle tube before the bearing, I don't see how the bearing is supposed to get grease , anyway it looks like it should go on the other side of the bearing in the housing with the studs to go through the backing plate I would expect it's called a bearing seal retainer or something of the sort anyway can you help? Thanks in advance!
Richard.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

No, this bearing is not lubricated by he rear diff oil, it is a sealed bearing, and is in the correct place, the seal is inside the differential tube, but it is installed correctly, it does NOT get oil from the rear differential, it comes pregreased and sealed, Tim

graphic

Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience: 30 YRS EXPERIANCE, AUTO AND TRUCK,FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DIESEL