Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Hyundai Sonata GLS: 2006 hyundai sonata with V6 cranks but

2006 hyundai sonata with V6 cranks but won't start. I have checked all relays and fuses and no apparent issues. I accessed the fuel pump panel in rear and do not hear fuel pump. I checked wiring and connections and all look ok. tested for power at both connectors. only found low voltage on small blue wire to small 3 prong connector. the large 4 terminal connector with the large green wire has no power at any terminals. Checked wire harness going from under dash back to fuel pump and found no visual problems
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.

When you turn your key on the first few seconds do you have battery voltage on the green wire and ground on the black wire at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No voltage at green wire. Black is grounded
O.k.,in your under hood fuse box there is a fuel pump relay,when you first turn on the key see if this relay is heard or felt to click at all.Also check the fuse labeled F/PUMP which is a 20 amp fuse and make sure it is o.k.If it is blown it needs replaced.

Let me know what you come up with here.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Problem has been repaired. Bad fuel pump. Replaced fuel pump assembly which I figured was the issue from the begining but wanted to troubleshoot and verify. The 20 amp fuse and relay (to fuel pump) located in main fuse box under hood were checked at the begining. fuse good and relay tested and checked out ok. checked wire harness that runs along door jams back to fuel pump located in access panel behind rear seat. Wires appeared ok and not cut in any way. Could not get volage at connectors. There are 2 connectors to fuel pump. One 3 wire and one main 4 wire connector, that contains a small black wire for ground, one small green wire and a large green wire. These green wires should have power. Back probed wires and had assistant attempt to start vehicle. With a good connection now to terminals, I had voltage at both wires on main 4 wire harness that plugs into pump. Voltage verified at pump, hence, determined bad fuel pump. Replaced entire fuel pump assembly and now good to go.

Thats great to hear the problem has been located and resolved.If you need anything else in the future let me know.

Thanks Pete