fritzef
fritzef, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, GM Certified,
3077897

GMC Sierra 1500: ok I have a miss matched vehicle. Its a 1992

ok I have a miss matched vehicle. Its a 1992 gmc sierra 2wd with a mark 1978 IV 454 and 1996 nv4500 manual transmission. Everything is new from the clutch pedal to the transmission (master cylinder, internal slave cylinder, the line that connects the two, and clutch) plus the flywheel was machined. Ive bled the clutch line and the clutch disengages fine, everything seems to work except the clutch does not engage all the way. I took the driveshaft off and it turns slowly but the clutch slips. any suggestions?

I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes I'm fine with waiting for a professional.
Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.
Hi, What flywheel are you using? Also do you know how much it was machined? Some GM flywheels are not to be machined, and will cause a slipping clutch. Let me know and I will try to help you out. Thanks, Eric
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I think it was just a stock fly wheel I have no idea how much exactly it was machined. The guy did say it was quite a bit. Is there a shim kit I can buy and fix the issue?
If it were me I would start with a new flywheel. The tolerances are so small that if too much metal was removed. I don't know of any shim kit, but its possible someone out there makes one. Thanks,Eric
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So is there a certain thickness if flywheel that I need to use or are they just general size?
I would look for one that will work with the trans/clutch setup you have. If I can find some more info I will post it for you. Thanks, Eric
fritzef, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Master Technician, GM Certified,