Dad Mechanic
Dad Mechanic, Mechanic
Experience:  I have worked on everyting from Model Ts to 2012 Autos,

Replaced fan clutch in 07 durango. Now it has extremely loud

Replaced fan clutch in 07 durango. Now it has extremely loud roar and battery dead, will not charge
Sorry for your trouble, let me try to assist you. first of i'm sure the fan clutch is working fine. If the temp Gage goes up to around 190 to 210 degrees and the fan kick in comes down to about 175 to 180 clutch is working properly. as far as the no charging it is very possible they have not installed the belt properly. They can be very tricky. I take it you don't do your own repairs. so i won't go into try to give you a belt routing guide. I will if you desire, I would need more information about your vehicle. Jim!!! Thanks for coming to Just Answers. Please don't be afraid to ask me if you need more information.
Possibly check for disconnected or broken wires at the alternator. Jim!!!
Hi Jennifer!
I hope I have helped to resolve your problem. I am checking to see if I can assist with any thing else today, or clarify my answer to you.
Thanks for using Just Answers.
Dads Mechanic.