ClayA
ClayA, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Ten years experience, ASE Master and Advanced Level Specialist certifications. 2006 Winner National Ford/AAA Student Auto Skills

Im working on a dodge neon 1995 2.0 single head cam. Runs

Customer Question

I'm working on a dodge neon 1995 2.0 single head cam. Runs good until temp starts to raise, then one, three and four injecter quit spraying. Can you tell me why?
Category: Car
Expert:  ClayA replied 1 year ago.
Okay, lets start with some basic questions. I see you have already replaced a lot of parts.

• Were the parts replace bought new or used?
  • When the injectors quit working do you still have 12v on the Dark Green/Orange wire at each injector?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

All new except pcm. No voltage

Expert:  ClayA replied 1 year ago.
Okay, if 1, 3, and 4 don't have voltage but 2 does. Then you have a bad splice connection on the Dark Green/Orange wire. This is the 12V feed to all the injectors. My diagram shows a where all four injector wires turn into one wire. However, it does not show its location. You might have to pull the wire harness apart and follow the wire to where they splice together.

Here is the injector diagram showing the splice on the DK GRN/ORG wire.

Neon Injector Wiring
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

All injectors are getting 12 volts but the ground side is not pulsing on 1, 3, and 4. It runs fine until 160 degrees then only number 2 injector sprays.

Expert:  ClayA replied 1 year ago.
If they are all getting 12V then lose the ground. Then it is not the DK GRN/ORG wire. Each injector has it's own wire going back to the ECM. Then the ECM grounds them to turn them on. I do not show any connectors between the injectors and the ECM. That means you only have the connector at the injector and the connector at the ECM. So very little chance of a bad connection causing this.

Make sure you have a good ground to the computer. It shows the ground is located "Left Radiator Closure Panel". Not exactly sure where that is at. However, that is what the description states. Will try to find out more on the location.

Is the computer connector seated in good and no corrosion or loose pins?

So, far I am suspecting the computer but I don't like to replace a computer till I have made sure it has everything it needs to function properly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have changed the computer using a used computer. I still don't understand why it runs till it gets warm and then acts up. Does the coolant have some computer or injector shut off? Also the only codes showing are 12, 43, and 55. I'm at a loss??

Expert:  ClayA replied 1 year ago.
  • 12 Direct battery input to PCM was disconnected within the last 50 key-on cycles
  • 43 Multiple/ single cylinder misfire
  • 55 End of error messages (If you get this only, no errors were found)

Those are the codes you have. Nothing there concerns me. Did the car do the same thing before the new computer or was the computer replaced for a different reason?

Also found this on a forum.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

We changed the computer because the timing belt went out and bent the valves. When we did this the problem started.

Expert:  ClayA replied 1 year ago.
You got a bad replacement computer is what happened.

Recommend that you replace the computer.