Ted G.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 years auto repair experience, ASE Master Tech, Mechanical Failure consultant, Expert Witness
7183013

I have a 2009 Hyundai Elantra Touring 25,0000 miles. Never

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Hyundai Elantra Touring 25,0000 miles. Never had a probloem. I just went out to start the car - put key in the ignition to lower the windows prior to getting into the 90 degree car. Windows down, I got in and turned the key and nothing happens.
I also can NOT get the key back to the position to remove the key. Whats going on? Can this be helped quickly - I need to pick someone from the Philadelphia Airport???
Category: Car
Expert:  Ted G. replied 3 years ago.
Your battery is dead. You can get the car started with a jump start but you need to have the battery checked and likely replaced as soon as possible.