Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic,foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.

land rover LR3: I have a 2006 land rover that intermittently

I have a 2006 land rover that intermittently will not start the starter turns but no that's it I've replaced the plugs but it still acts up.There doesn't seem to be a pattern I just have to hold my breath everytime I turn the key.

Hello, welcome. My name isXXXXX will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

Is the check engine light or any warning lights coming on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No warning lights on.

From the description of the issue that you are having this is consistent with a failing ignition switch. The ignition switch sends the signal to the stater to start the vehicle and when failing can result in the vehicle not turning over at all or turning over and not starting. The ignition switch failure was a common issue on these vehicles.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX any other possibilities?

The other possibility s would be a ground issue. Check the wires leading from the battery to the alternator and the battery to the starter for loose,frayed or corroded wires.