Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,
29331485

suzuki grand vitara: i have a suzuki grand vatara. i notice

Customer Question

i have a suzuki grand vatara. i notice that when the ac is on, the outer vents blow cold, while the inner vents blow warm. what could be causing this problem?
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Name isXXXXX goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Do you have the Automatic or Manuel A/C controlled system .

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I dont understand your question.

Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Is the A/C system manually controlled or automatic climate controlled
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the ac system in manually controlled

Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi Chris .

If you turn the controls to the windscreen or feet do you still have warm are coming out the middle vents and cold on the screen, or feet or just air to the screen or feet .

Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

if i turn the controls to the screen or foot, the air is cold, but once change control to face or face/foot, the middle vent blows warm and the two outer vents (passenger and driver) blow cold

Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi Chris .

okay just checked the system you have and is an automatic system .

What you need to do is have the system hooked up to a scan tool to check for malfunction codes , you may have a B1512 or B1514 code which is the air flow control actuator .
you may only need the system resetting with the scan tool , i have seen this with the system having warm air on one side and cold on the other side ,
Once the airflow actuator is reset then the flow should be back to normal .
Also possible one of the flow control flaps has got stuck and will not fully return .

Have you noticed that the A/C or rec light flashing when the system is running .

Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes, i have noticed that the ac light flashes all the time when the ac is on or off

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

if a flap has gotten stuck, how will i be able to have that fixed?

Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi

Chris this is a timely operation of basically removing the dash from the car to get at the flap controls .

Greg
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi Chris .

Okay this is good as this means the A/C management system has seen the problem and stored a code to let us know that there is a malfunction in the system .

Now you need to know what the code is ,
Dealer scan tool to check for codes may need a repair or just resetting .

Ring a few local garage and see if they can help you ,

Not 100% sure but AutoZone may be able to read you the code FREE with there scan tool.if they can then post me the codes if needed for further assistance .
If not then you will need a dealer scan tool to get you the malfunction codes .

One thing i would try first is to disconnect the battery and connect the two cables together for a few seconds then reconnect and retest the A/C .

Need further assistance then please get back to me with the reply box and not the poor or bad service button .

Rgds Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience: 17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

u mean the two terminal wires?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

if i bring vehicle to dealer and they run the scan and they get a code, would the code tell them wat is the exact problem?

Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi .

Chris the two battery terminal cables touch together ,remove the neg cable first then the pos cable refit in reverse .

If they hook up the scan tool and find codes then yes this will lead them in to the right direction where the problem is , and as said you may only have to have the actuators reset which they can do with there scan tool .

Rgds Greg
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi Chris .

Please get back to me if needed anytime .

Thank you and have a great Sunday .

Rgds Greg