Gary, Technician
Experience:  GM master tech for 15 years/ASE master tech for 20 years

Toyata Rav-4: Does ignition key open doors on my basic /manual

Does ignition key open doors on my basic /manual trans/no sunroof or deluxe trim 1999 Rav-4? I just got one and no owner's manual. Or is there a separate door key the previous owner forgot to give me? Thanks

Welcome to Justanswer ! my name is XXXXX XXXXX i will do my best to assist you with this problem

have you tried the ignition key in the drivers door lock to see if it will lock and unlock it ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ignition key DOES NOT unlock door.

will it work the passenger door lock ?

stock the ignition key should be the same as the door lock coding UNLESS the ignition switch was changed at one time and NOT recoded to the stock key which then it would have the stock key to unlock the doors and the NEW key would just work the ignition cylinder

or the door locks where changed and not codded to match the original key which then the original key would just work the ignition lock and the NEW key would work just the door lock

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Passenger door DOES work fine; I guess this is to keep one from locking oneself out of the car. I can live with this system. I had just wondered if I could have both doors work. Thanks

anytime. More than likely just an issue with the drivers door lock cylinder

don't forget to rate us here at Justanswer !