greasemonkey2386
greasemonkey2386, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certifications A1,A4,A5,and A7 10+ years professional hands-on experience
71578964

Mercedes-Benz SL500: Im working on 2002 MBZ SL500 AND DOOR

Customer Question

I'm working on 2002 MBZ SL500 AND DOOR'S AND TRUNK LOCK DOSE NOT CLOSE BY ITSELF.
I don't know where should i start checking.
Category: Car
Expert:  greasemonkey2386 replied 1 year ago.
are you saying that the "suck closed" function does not work? i am just trying to determine the exact problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Is it possible to help me out for this problem?

On this 2002 MBZ SL500,everytime I put fuse with 20amp for trunk and door luck, is blowing up after using 2 or 3 times.

this fuse is for door and trunk pump.

would you let me know what is the problem please?

thank you Jora

sounds to me like you have a vacuum pump that is getting weak and overheating or you have a leak in one of the vacuum lines causing the motor to run too long and overheat, i can tell you how to check for leaks if you would like
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your help.
My answer is yes please I need to know how
can I check the vacume leak.
Thanks again
Jora
do you have access to a smoke machine by chance? that would be the simplest and most effective way
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I have
excellent! you will want to locate the pump, inside the trunk on the right hand side, remove the vacuum line and attach your smoke machine to it, run the machine and look for smoke
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok thanks,I will do it tomorrow and email you back.
Thank you and have a good night.
I will not forget your RATE
sounds good! thank you i really appreciate it!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi
I test yesterday with smoke machine and i find out from driver side smoke is coming out , so i opened door panel took the complete door lock out and smoke it again.smoke was coming out from top side of the lock. i'm not sure smoke must come out from there or not, because
it's like one way valve.i'm sure you know about what part i am talking about. its two pieces , white and black plastic circle type connect to each other with small pipe on white side. smoke is coming out from that white pipe.thank you for all your help.

it should be a sealed system its not supposed to leak at all, sounds like you found the problem!
Experience: ASE Certifications A1,A4,A5,and A7 10+ years professional hands-on experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi

I'm working on 2007 cl600mbz and driver side windaw's front and rear are not working. i checked

-fuse is ok (40amp #80) but i checked all of them

-window motor's are spining manualy ( disconnect connector and gave

power and ground directly to motor.

-from rear swich,rear window is not working

-from driver side switches everything is working except window's.

mirror/power seat/door luck's seat heater's working OK

only window's and only driver side

HELP ME PLEASE

JORA

ok so the rear window doesn't work from either switch and the front window doesn't work from the switch but both passenger side ones work?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Exactly
And fuses are ok,I checked with power probe and I
Have power on driver side module.
do you have a signal out when you push the switch?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I didn't check that and honestly I don't know how to do It because
Many wires coming out from module
the wires that you used to power the motor, do you have those color wires at the switch?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi

your answer is no, from switch to module is not regular wires, it's like computer wirer's (flat shape plastic which many wire's inside)and from module to motor is regular wire and from fuse box to module is regular wire and I have power and ground on module.

ah ok i gotcha...you can check continuity from the motor to the module, also can you operate the passenger side windows from the drivers side switch?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I can operate passenger side window from driver side.

Also continuity from fuse to module.

do you have continuity from the module to the motor?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi there

I have a question regarding 2007 cl600.Do you know where is the rear window's control module or control unit with part# A216-870-78-26?

I bought it from dealer and they said is under carpet of passenger seat.

I took the passenger seat out and took the carpet up, but I can't find this module.

let me know please if you know.

thank you

no its under the panel on the right side of the car, you need to remove the seat and the "door card" its under there