Steve, ASE Certified Tech
Experience:  25 years working as a service technician

Suzuki xl7 2004 have changed TPS and idle air control why

Suzuki xl7 2004 have changed TPS and idle air control why wont it idle

Steve :

Thanks for trusting me to help you with your car today. I am a certified mechanic with over 25 years of experience. I look forward to working with you

Steve :

If your vehicle will not idle have you checked for vacuum leaks?

Steve :

go to the parts store and buy a can of choke and linkages cleaner and spray it around the intake manifold and the vacuum lines and see if the rpms rise up if it does that is were the leak is.

allright ill give it a try

Steve :

If the idle air control motor has been replaced then the only other thing is a vacuum leak if it will not idle.

i'll check it out thanks

Steve :

The questions remain open as long as you need it, even after you rate my answer. Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Steve : sprayed carb cleaner didn't make any difference.drove to parts house to get codes. Now sometimes idles sometimes won't. always have to step on gas pedal to get to start. codes are PO122, PO401 Idle is rough

Thanks for the added info.

buy the codes you have looks like the egr valve is stuck open at idle and is causing your concern. I would start by replacing the egr valve.