hilltop4527, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Independent repair shop owner/operator experience with many makes and models both foreign and domestic.

my truck was act like it was surging went to dealer they put

my truck was act like it was surging went to dealer they put on a new tps and it was great for a couple of days now doin the same thing again my alternator was charging 13.7 volts should it be higher on the diesel my truck is 2000 dodge
Hi the alternators voltage has nothing to do with the engine surging. 13.7 volts is about right for an idling engine. The voltage will increase as the engines rpm is increased. I hope I have answered your question. If so please accept my answer and give me a positive rating so I can get credit for my answer. Thank you for using just answer.