EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master certified L1, L2, Diesel Certified 16 years experience

Buick LeSabre: 1999 LeSabre no electric; clicked momentarity

1999 LeSabre no electric; clicked momentarity when started then everything went black before engine turned over; took key out, back and lights now came on, then tried again and same happened; nothing is powered now: no lights at all.
Hi. You need to check the voltage of your battery as it appears to be drained. You can verify this, by getting a jump start and seeing if the car will start. Thanks, Eric
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Jump started with no issues; all electric power returned as soon as cables were connected to another battery. I ran car for 90 min, then shut off; restarted with no issues. Four hours later, no power again: everything black. Next step?

Jump the car again and get running. Make sure the battery cables, where they mount to the battery, are free of corrosion and have a tight, clean connection. If the cables are good, then use a voltmeter with the car running so we can see if the alternator is charging the battery. Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Puzzling: the problem went away on Thursday: started up first time and ran all day; Friday morning was a repeat of Tuesday: starter clicked ONCE, and everything died before it turned over; it now STAYS dead with the car connected to another battery, so I cannot jump start it. should I remove the battery and test that separately?

Yes. Remove the battery and test it separately. An auto part store will have a tester they can hook up that draws a load on the battery to test if all the cells are ok. That might be the best bet. Once we know we are working with a good battery then we can check the charging system.