Richard, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  12 years Ford Lincoln/Mercury Jaguar dealership as a technician and shop foreman reparing all makes
10437779

Land Rover LR3 SE: I have a 2006 landrover lr3, I had to replace

I have a 2006 landrover lr3, I had to replace the drivers airbag, passenger airbag, the airbag controle module, all parts from a junkyard. the only issue I have is a the airbag light comes on. I can get it cleared, but everytime you clear it and restart the engine, it does a self dianogstic test and the light comes on. when you check It with the tester the following information comes up. occupant classification system, B00A0. I also checked with my obu tester and the code p2100 came up.
Category: Car
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

That fault is for the OCS which is the seat weight sensing in the passenger seat. Unfortunately without a Land Rover factory tool it will be hard to pinpoint the exact cause. he seat bladder and module come calibrated as an assembly and the system can be reset with the tool. We should make sure all the connections under the passenger seat are clean and secure.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I took the car to an auto shop that had a brand new $ 6000.00 diagnostic tool and he could clear it, but it came back on once you restarted the car. what type of tool are you talking about.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
The Land Rover factory tool. After that code B00A0 there should be a two digit code suffix which will tell us the part of the OCS that has failed or what repair needs to be performed.

B00A049 Occupant Classification System
  • Seat cushion pressure pad hose may be kinked/restricted under seat
  • OCS control module internal electronic failure
  • Internal pressure sensor failure
Ensure that all components are installed within the seat pan correctly, and that there is no evidence of physical damage to either the seat cushion pressure pad or the pressure hose. Clear the DTC and retest. If the problem persists, install a new OCS service kit. Configure the system using the approved diagnostic system.
B00A054 Occupant Classification System
  • Missing OCS calibration
  • Seat/OCS service kit not calibrated
Install a new OCS service kit. Configure the system using the approved diagnostic system.
B00A064 Occupant Classification System
  • Signal plausibility failure
  • Possible configuration error
Install a new OCS service kit. Check the occupant classification system and circuits. Refer to the electrical guides. Configure the module using the approved diagnostic system.
B00A081 Occupant Classification System
  • Invalid serial data received by restraints control module
  • Vehicle ID number not correct – incorrect service kit
  • Possible high resistance
Check the occupant detector sensor connector, occupant classification module connector and the restraints control module connector for security and integrity. Check the seat to cabin harness connector and ensure that the connector is fully secured. Check integrity of seat harness for chafes, tension, cuts etc. Refer to the electrical guides and check for continuity between the occupant detector sensor connector and the restraints control module (CAN + & CAN -). Repair/renew as necessary. Clear the DTCs and retest. If symptoms persist install a new OCS service kit.
B00A088 Occupant Classification System
  • Bus off
  • No signal is being received from the OCS system
  • Open circuit, backed out connector or trapped wires under passenger seat
Check the seat cushion pressure sensor/pad for security and integrity. Check the seat to cabin harness connector and ensure that the connector is fully secured. Check integrity of seat harness for chafes, tension, cuts etc. Refer to the electrical guides and check for continuity between the occupant detector sensor connector and the restraints control module (CAN + & CAN -). Repair/renew as necessary. Check the RCM and occupant classification module connector for security.
B00A092 Occupant Classification System
  • Performance or incorrect operation
  • System unable to classify occupant
  • Seat cushion pressure sensor failure
Take appropriate action to rectify other system faults first then clear the DTCs. If symptoms persist install a new OCS service kit.
B00A095 Occupant Classification System
  • Incorrect assembly/orientation
Check the assembly and installation of the seat cushion pressure pad and related components, taking care to orientate the unit correctly and ensure that it is secure with no interference between moving parts or harness components. Clear the DTCs and re-test.
B00A096 Occupant Classification System
  • Seat cushion pressure sensor wiring open circuit, backed out connector or trapped wires under passenger seat
  • OCS control module internal component failure
Check the seat cushion pressure pad for security and integrity. Check the seat cushion pressure sensor connector for security and integrity. Refer to the electrical guides and check for continuity between the pressure mat sensor connector and the occupant detector sensor connector. Check integrity of seat harness for chafes, tension, cuts etc. Repair/renew as necessary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

do you know what the p2100 is?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
P2100 does not really apply to your vehicle but it is a code for the throttle.
Richard, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 12 years Ford Lincoln/Mercury Jaguar dealership as a technician and shop foreman reparing all makes