Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

I would like to remove the factory roll bar on a 1993 Cutlass

I would like to remove the factory roll bar on a 1993 Cutlass Supreme Convertible. Will this cause problems with the superstructure of the car?

tims auto repair :

hi

tims auto repair :

this will not cause a problem will the structure of the car

tims auto repair :

though,,you may want to leave it in for saftey

tims auto repair :

Please RATE my answer by clicking the RATINGS button so I can get credit for my work,, the [BAD SERVICE] and [POOR SERVICE] rating does not give me credit].i don't receive commission if you give a less than 3 star/smiley rating ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, ,please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

Customer:

I would like to know what you based your answer on? I do not want to remove the factory bar just on a quick answer without having technical verification that the structure of the car is not reliant on this bar.

tims auto repair :

the strcuture of the car is on the unibody

tims auto repair :

not the roll

tims auto repair :

bar

tims auto repair :

there is no doubt that the bar does stiffing the cars body roll stucture some

tims auto repair :

but,,not enough to notice

tims auto repair :

the roll bar is only there to keep your head out of the asphalt if it should roll over

tims auto repair :

Full Size Image

tims auto repair :

it doesnt strenthen the car from front to back

thanks for using justanswer