Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.

Suzuki Side Kick: I have a 1998 Suzuki Side Kick. The clutch

Customer Question

I have a 1998 Suzuki Side Kick. The clutch petal stuck to the floor after idling in a drive through for about 8 minutes. I was still able to drive it home, shifting between 1st, 2nd and 3rd gears. It was about 108 out. The clutch/ clutch pedal only seems to act "weird" when the AC is on.
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.

its a cable clutch on these so 1st check that its correctly tensioned as there should only be a little bit of slack down at the gearbox end and there's an adjuster nut that can be tightened up if required

as to why its effected by the AC then this is quite odd and may be due to something heating up rather than the AC itself

let me know what you find
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. to make sure I understand:

("it's a cable clutch on these") "These" meaning 1998 Suzuki? If so, when I check that "it's" correctly tensioned, "It's" means the cable?

Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.

yes to both, sorry for not being clearer