Gary, Technician
Experience:  GM master tech for 15 years/ASE master tech for 20 years

Isuzu Rodeo sport: Have an 02 rodeo sport v6. Had P0300 code.

Have an 02 rodeo sport v6. Had P0300 code. Replaced plugs. While doing so, found that previous owner had coils on 2 and 6 reversed. Fixed. Still same code when accelerating. Mechanic ran diagnosis and said misfire in cyl 1. Installed new coil in cyl 1. Cleared code. Code came back. Also a code for cyl 2 showed up. Now CEL blinks when the truck is running. Could this be ION misfire sensor module acting up or something else? Thanks for the help.

Welcome to Justanswer ! my name is XXXXX XXXXX i will do my best to assist you with this problem

will this engine skip or misfire or shake at idle ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Not really. It has 154k so it isn't completely quiet but there is no hesitation. Sometimes it starts hard, sometimes it starts right up. When accelerating, there really is no hesitation.

ok so just when accelerating the light will flash but it feels like its driving fine?

if it wasn't for the check engine light coming on you wouldn't even know anything was wrong when driving it ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Right. Sometimes I can smell had after accelerating and coming to a stop. Sometimes I don't. Had battery checked also. 100% charged and 13.2 volts.

ok and its showing cylinder 1 and 2 misfiring correct?

new plugs and coil made no difference at all ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
New plugs made it run better. Fixing the coils made a difference too. But now it runs good and the p0300 code still comes up. It's not showing p0301 or p0302 anymore. Just p0300. When I clear it out it stays off until I start accelerating. It blinks during acceleration and goes off when idling. Then after about 2-3 minutes of driving, the CEL stays on and blinks during acceleration.

ok with new plugs and coils should eliminate a spark issue

and since its only under load I do not think you have a vacuum leak I think you are down to restricted dirty fuel injectors at this point

I would have a shop pressure clean them out with cleaner

this should clean them out for you

you eliminated everything else

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No chance it's the misfire sensor module?

there is an outside chance of the crank sensor causing this issue

usually you would have a crank sensor code

and ignition module would usually effect all the cylinders

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How much do shops usually charge to pressure clean them? Or is it more cost effective to install new injectors?

most shops run @ $ 100 give or take

to replace the injectors would cost a lot more

some places sell them at $ 200 for each injector

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok. What happens if they clean injectors and it still shows same code(s)? What would be the next step?
the next step would be a flow test of all the injectors and make sure when they are fired they all drop the same amount of fuel psi when fired and that do not will have to be changed
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Should I get them pressure cleaned then pressure checked or is it a completely different process?
after they are cleaned and it still acts up then have the pressure drop test
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Before I get off, are there any other possible solutions after the fuel injectors?
well an outside chance to eliminate any timing chain or valve issues by performing a compression test on all the cylinders and below 120 are an issue of a valve or timing chain issue
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you