Pete, Mechanic
Experience:  15 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG: 2004 e55 Mercedes start button on gear

2004 e55 Mercedes start button on gear shifter wont start car but keyless entry to all doors works
Category: Car
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.

I'm Josie and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Josie~Moderator
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.

From what you have described here this may be a fault with the push button itself on the gear shifter or that the key is not learned to the vehicle to allow the push button start.In some cases the vehicles can lose its programming for this feature and can cause this issue here.

This would need to be checked and resynchronized using a dealers sds machine to see if this is a loss of programming causing this here and repaired if it is.If this is found to be o.k. further diagnostic testing would be needed to see if this is a fault with the push button switch itself causing this possibly or another electronic control unit with the push button start feature.Having the fault codes checked in all control units will usually also aid with the diagnosis and sometimes location of this fault.This has to be done with either a scan tool that can communicate with all computers on this vehicle or a dealers sds machine.

Thanks Pete
Pete, Mechanic
Experience: 15 years automotive training and experience.