sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

i have a falcon au11 1999 model

hi m8 cod u help me out i have a falcon au11 1999 model has a miss when i accelerate replaced leads. plugs. coil pack.filters . cleaned throttle body . checked for vacum leaks and still has a miss if i realy give it a boot in sumtimes pops like its timing eng goes realy well except for this miss unpluged all plugs to check if dirts or sulphated gived them a hit of contact cleaner too but no joy help me please also have tentioned up inlet manifold

I'm Josie and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Josie~Moderator
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yeh mate still waiting i am a mechanic by trade this is why i have gone too the experts coz i have run out of ideas

Hello

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Josie~Moderator
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Professional with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a Professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

stiil waiting

thanks

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If you're backfiring under a higher load then the first thing I would do is make sure fuel pressure isn't dropping off. Fuel pressure may be ok at idle or lower loads or at least high enough to not cause any problems, but when fuel demand is greater under a heavy load then it may not be keeping up. A lean condition will cause rough running and backfiring. The first thing I would do at this point isconnect a fuel pressure gauge and check to see if the pressure drops off under a load when the backfiring and missing starts.

sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no sorry no go fuel pressure is good and still same problem

only misses from low idle when i give it a boot full has no dramas

after the initial take off etc can floor it up hills etc no problem jst a anoying miss every time i start at lights etc

What was fuel pressure under a load?