K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  AA in automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade

Suzuki Forenza: 2008 forenz, the ac quit cooling....cked ac

2008 forenz, the ac quit cooling....cked ac compressor it is turning and ck freon charge....low side was 55 psi and hight side was 140..........did a evac and recharge and still the same..........replaced expansion valve, evac and charged still no cool....even expanson valve line was warm...........Put new compressor on added 5 ounces of pag oil, evac.....charged system and high side finally came up to 155..........let it run for about 20 min and put in 1.47 lbs of freon and test drove and ac started to get warm again.....hooked back up gauges and low side 52 and high side only at 125.......what is up?? btw did put on new dryer when compressor replaced
Hello, what is the ambient air temperature when these pressures are monitored?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It is 89 degrees
Thanks for that information. My first suggestion would be to pull about an ounce of refrigerant out and see where that takes the pressures. The spec by Suzuki for freon capacity is 1.4lbs +/- 20 grams.

Try that and let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I tried that earlier, even pulled it all out and started over adding up to correct amount as indicated on spec sheet on vehicle. It has to be expansion valve since high side never get up to 150.
Although it is unusual to get a bad expansion valve out the box, I have seen it happen. I would suggest replacing it again.