Pete, Mechanic
Experience:  15 years automotive training and experience.

Saab 9-3 Aero: 04 saab 9-3 aero convertible. Changed spark

04 saab 9-3 aero convertible. Changed spark plugs and all 4 coils. car now starts and shuts off. For some reason I decided to disconnect the ion dodule and now the car drives but tubo only goes to halfway not much power. Also giving codes 1340 and 1315. Heard a lot can go wrong when replacing coils. Where should I be looking ?
Category: Car
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.

I'm Josie and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Josie~Moderator
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will wait a bit longer...

Thank you.

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Josie~Moderator
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello again :)

We are still working with our professionals to find you the best possible match. But I wanted to touch base to see if you were still needing our professionals' assistance.

Please let me know if you would like to continue to wait or if you would like to cancel your question at this time. We sincerely XXXXX XXXXX the extended wait time.

Thank you,

Josie~Moderator
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX X am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.

If this fault occurred after the spark plugs and coils were replaced and this was not an issue before these were replaced the first thing I would do here is to double check the work that was done on the vehicle.If you had bumped something loose or left something disconnected this may cause this type of fault here so this should be the first thing that is done to see if the fault can be located.

Code 1315 and 1340 will set when a combustion signal is detected from one or more cylinders.This sounds related to the coil replacement.I would double check this replacement that was done as well as spark plug gap and installation to see if a fault is located.

Thanks Pete
Pete, Mechanic
Experience: 15 years automotive training and experience.