Pete, Mechanic
Experience:  15 years automotive training and experience.

Mazda 3: We have a 2013 Mazda 3 and the keyless entry intermittently

We have a 2013 Mazda 3 and the keyless entry intermittently won't work, usually in the evening. It will open after about 20 minutes. Because it's intermittent, our mechanic hasn't been able to find it. It's very worrying for a woman not to be able to open the car at night. Any ideas?
Category: Car
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 9 months ago.

I'm Josie and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Josie~Moderator
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I haven't found an answer, and haven't received an answer. I will keep waiting another day or two before closing the question and requesting a refund.

Hello

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Josie~Moderator
Hello again :)

We are still working with our professionals to find you the best possible match. But I wanted to touch base to see if you were still needing our professionals' assistance.

Please let me know if you would like to continue to wait or if you would like to cancel your question at this time. We sincerely XXXXX XXXXX the extended wait time.

Thank you,

Josie~Moderator
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX X am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.

If you have two keyless entry transmitters that are both causing the same issue here this can be caused by the reciever for the keyless entry itself.If this is only one or you only have one this may still be a fault with the receiver but may also be a fault with the transmitter itself.I have seen more transmitter/key failures over the receiver being at fault and would suspect this is the most likely cause.

Being intermittent like this makes it difficult to fully diagnose until the vehicle is acting up.If the shop/mechanic doesnt have a scan tool that is able to communicate with all computers on this vehicle one is needed to check for any fault codes set in any of the computers.

If there is a fault code set,this will usually aid with the diagnosis and location of the fault.If this mecahnic/shop is unable to do this then another would have to to locate the fault here.Most likely this is a key transmitter issue needing replaced.

Thanks Pete
Pete, Mechanic
Experience: 15 years automotive training and experience.